Thursday, July 06, 2006

Red Potato Harvest


For the last week or so we have been picking some of our Nordland Red potatoes. At first I just grabbed a basket full to have for a couple of meals but this past weekend the kids helped me harvest one entire row of the potatoes. We seem to have a good crop (since this is my first time growing potatoes I don't have much to compare it to).

I got a deep fryer for Father's Day and we have been enjoying fresh thick cut potato chips. I need to build a storage box to keep the potatoes in the basement and finish harvesting the other two rows of red potatoes. It will be interesting to see how long the kids find harvesting fun.

The Yukon Golds still have a while to go, I don't think I will be digging them until September at the earliest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi it worked great!