Sunday, July 09, 2006

Planted Last of the Corn

Since we have harvested two rows of red potatoes I had more room in the plot. After tilling up the soil I finished planting out the two sections of super sweet corn as well as a new long strip where the potatoes once were. If things work out this latest batch of corn will be ready in the middle of September. My early corn is doing ok. The deer have taken a toll on it, but the recent rains have really helped a lot. I am hopeful that the corn is large enough now that we will be able to get some ears off of it soon. The first planting that went in on May 7th should be ready in the next two weeks or so, but I think the dry spring and deer have delayed it some.
The bi-color super sweet.


Here you can see the white super sweet, the last row of red potatoes, and the long strip which was just planted with bi-color.

1 comment:

manyhartz said...

great garden