Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Pullets Moved!




Finished (well I am sure it will never be truly finished) the new chicken coop yesterday. I put a sheet of plywood over one door and transferred the small sliding door from the barn to the other. The window currently is only covered by chicken wire. So as I stated above it is far from done but it was complete enough so that we could move the pullets into there new space. They had completely outgrown the stall they shared with the turkeys and seemed happy with the move. It was "interesting" moving 48 birds. By the end Danielle and I had devised a somewhat efficient assembly line process. She grabbed 4 - 6 pullets and hung them upside down, carrying them by their feet. She then handed them to me through the window and I put them in the coop. I still need to add a shutter type closure for the window, open up the side of the barn to add a small door ......

As I said it will never be truly finished.

No comments: