Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Potatoes

When I got home from work today I needed to burn off some steam, so I went out to the potato field to hill up the Yukon Golds. The potatoes plants continue to grow well, but we did find some larval bugs on some of the potato plant leaves. Not sure if they are potato beetles or some other pest but I squashed all the ones I found and will keep an eye out for anymore.

Pulled up one of the Red Norlands to see how they were doing, and to my delight I had a hand full of approx. ping pong ball sized potatoes. I put the plan back in the ground after harvesting to see if it will continue to produce.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hey Kush, welcome to the blogring! I love your photographs. Your potatoes look amazing! We'll be lucky if we can get a handful here with our very clay-ey and alkaline soil, but hey, it makes great house plaster! I hope you and the kids will get a chance to see it in person in September.