Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Snow Day

I was on kid duty Friday so Danielle could go to a farming conference. It happened to work out well since we received a couple inches of snow Thursday, not enough to cause Danielle any problems getting to the conference, but enough for the kids and I to have some fun.

Emily and Julia bundled up to help me with the morning chores.

And here is what the barn yard looked like when we walked out.


The girls were checking out some bunny tracks in the upper corner of the field, but the Turkeys thought they were playing with them.

Here is Sisyphus and his sister trying to roll his snow boulder up to the barn.

3 comments:

Woody said...

Looks like ya'll had a good time. I have been clearing off a nice sled run below our fire pit. It should be a blast to have a nice bon fire at the top of the hill. Theresa wants me to build a wikkiup or sweat lodge next to the fire pit. It would end up being an awesome dog house I'm afraid.

d.woolery said...

I've enjoyed reading your postings about your adventures in farming. It was reading your site that prompted me to start my own blog. My family and I just moved to a farm in rural, eastern, Kansas. We had no experience with farming, until we made this move. We've started slow with an order of 25 Delware chicks that just arrived today. We hope to have a cow or two at the end of May. Doesn't look like you have made a posting in awhile. Hope all is well. If you're interested, I'm at wooleryfarm.blogspot.com/
Happy Farming and thanks for the inspiration.
D. Woolery

d.woolery said...

Looking for an update and don't see one. Do you still blog?