Monday, April 16, 2007

Ribs!


The picture above says it all. Danielle picked up the pork from the butchers on Wednesday and we have been eating it almost constantly. The kids tried some pork chops the night she brought everything home and liked them so much that Sam requested to have more on Friday night. This weekend my parents were down so I barbecued up a couple racks of ribs and we made some more chops. It was quite the feast. Emily my oldest has already requested that I barbecue up a pork shoulder for her birthday, the kids really love the pulled pork. Danielle is salt curing the bacons and hams and my only disappointment is that I will have to wait up to 6 months for the ham. I must say that all this good eating is making me forget how much trouble we had getting the pigs to the butcher.

1 comment:

Chris said...

That sounds like us with our beef! We have been having beef tasting parties with our friends where we make a roast, a steak, and burgers all for one meal. There's nothing quite like raising your own meat (OK I'm not sure how to say that without it sounding dirty but you know what I mean).