Thursday, August 03, 2006

First Corn Harvest

Well I have to admit with all of the problems I was having with the deer that I was considering not growing corn next year. Forget that! Last night we harvested some corn from our first planting and it had to be the best corn I ever tasted. Mind you I am extremely biased but my family seemed to enjoy it also. I originally picked five ears so that everyone could have a taste. That was not nearly sufficient so Julia and I went back out to the field to get some more. While we were out there she decided that we should pick a couple extra ears since she wanted some for lunch today. Julia and I ended up eating three ears each. I have to admit it made me really happy to have the corn go over so big.



Needless to say I will definitely be planting corn again next year.


1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Oh, how I wish I had enough room to grow a lot of corn! I've got 12 plants this year and even that's pushing it. I just hope the few ears we do get turn out as well as yours did!