Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow Day

The kids are away and I end up with a snow day. I guess that is just how it works out sometimes. Got up, went out and took care of the animals this morning at 4:30 am. We already had about an inch of snow but still planned on going in to work, that is until I went back inside and turned on the news. All the schools are closed in the DC metropolitan area and they are calling for a nasty mix of snow/rain/ice etc. Email the people I was to meet with today to tell them I am not coming in and climb back into bed. Wake up at a very reasonable 8 am, and start my day again. Shoveled out the driveway and was beginning to think I made the wrong decision since we only have between an 1 ½ and 2 inches of snow, only to find out the all the surrounding counties have implemented snow emergency plans -- meaning no one on the roads without snow tires or chains. Guess I made the correct decision.

Here are some pictures -- decided to go black and white since it is overcast and the colors didn't show up well anyway.



Bella hanging out in her stall.



Inside one of the high tunnels before I cleaned off the snow.


Maya having some water. She is doing well but unfortunately only two of the piglets made it. I don't think Maya had enough conditioning to support them all so she culled down the numbers.



The barnyard gang hanging out on a snowy day.

3 comments:

Woody said...

Jim...Ya'll going all right?

Kush said...

Were still hanging in there. Life just has a way of getting complicated.

Anonymous said...

missing your updates... please post some pics and some of the antics on your farm...