Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Another Birthday

This past weekend it was my turn to celebrate getting another year older. I had a most enjoyable weekend, highlighted by some fabulous food. You may notice that regardless of the occasion we celebrate with food. I had at least two birthday dinners, one Sunday and one yesterday on my actual birthday. On Sunday Danielle made homemade sundried tomato fettuccini topped with alfredo sauce. I put together and fried up some crabcakes which she served over a bed of sauted greens. All this with some homemade chiabata bread and a glass (or two or ...) of red wine made for a wonderful gastronomical experience.


Last night we made a much more "normal" meal. Rotisserie (farm raised) chicken with grilled olive tomatoes over the remaining sundried tomato fettuccini, sauted string beans and foccacia bread. As Danielle pointed out in a recent post, this is why we farm, and also why we gain weight in the winter.


We had a lot of great food but the highlight of my birthday celebration has to be the birthday video-card that my kids sent me.



3 comments:

Woody said...

AWESOME BIRTHDAY!

catz said...

julia
hi jim how you dooing i liok the poste im gllad that you liok it to.




love Julia.

Kush said...

Thanks for the comment catz (aka Julia). I really enjoy your posts and the video you guys made for me.

Love Papa