Saturday, May 13, 2006

Pop Corn and Chicken Coop

Sam helped me sow in the hybrid popcorn this morning. I then spent an hour or so weeding and hilling up the potatoes. These are going to be the tastiest potatoes I ever had!

Put in the posts for the new chicken coop. It is going to have a 24' x 12' footprint and be attached to the barn on the end. Need to order the lumber to finish it this week since we have 50 new peeps which need a home to be transferred to in the near future. I am also going do some retro-fitting of the barn at the same time. Most importantly I am going to widen the door out to the pastures so that I can bring the tractor in and out that way. As it is now I need to drive through the lawn to get out to the pastures. I will also replace some rotted sheeting and give it all a fresh coat of paint.

No comments: